Monday, June 8, 2009

My 2nd Blog



Hello all,
Yes it is crazy that I have started another blog but this one is more about my shopaholic ways and all things I'm loving at the moment. This includes everything from interior design, fashion, and art. My youngest sister, Skittles, is the inspiration for the blog because she makes fun of me all the time for having so many clothes and not enough room for all my "stuff." With all of my magazines and books on stylish women over the ages, she told me I needed a blog just for that stuff. Then the kicker; she came up with the name. She says to me, "Sissy, it should be called Pink Pearls & Prada Purses. Pink Pearls because that's the only color pearls you have and Prada Purses because you are always carrying that black Prada from Christmas and it's your favorite. Anddddd...its all P's!" She's genius, that kid. 

Now, giving credit where credit is due. Without the help of my stylish Mom (who has worked in the fashion industry for over thirty years in retail, wholesale, and design) and my Dad (textile man himself, we always joke he could be gay because no father dresses that well and loves decorating his house more than him), I would not be so crazy about shopping and have such a love for the art. Then there are Skittles and Lita, my sisters who inspire me on a daily basis in their own way. I refer to them as my TEAM because they are constantly giving me ideas for things I should blog about or shop for.

 My pink pearls I have to say come from my Aunt. Pictures to come later but they are perfect for any occasion. They are the classic jewelry piece for any woman and are timelessly elegant. My aunt's business sells pearl jewelry in every color and they come in rings, bracelets, necklaces, and earrings. My dangly pink pearl earrings are the perfect pair to go from day to night with any outfit.


Now onto my beloved black bag. My pride and joy. This bag will be with me when I'm eighty years old. Given to me by my mother for Christmas, this black tote is beyond versatile. For any girl that loves big handbags, the Prada Tote in Chevron Quilted Black is fabulous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you guys! Your comments make me smile :) It's like getting mail (and not the bills). Have a fabulous day!